Bogota, May 15, 2012
AVIANCATACA HOLDING S.A. REPORTS FIRST QUARTER 2012 OPERATING REVENUE OF US$1,028 MILLION
Operating revenue increased 22,7% compared to the same period in 2011
Financial Results – First Quarter 2012
• AviancaTaca Holding S.A. and its subsidiaries reported operating revenue of US$1,028 million at the close of the first quarter of 2012, up 22.7% from US$ 837.4 million in Q1 2011.
• Net profit for the three-month period increased to US$34.9 million, a 47.3% increase from US$23.7 million in the same period of 2011.
• EBITDA (Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) in the first quarter of 2012 increased to US$96.1 million, up 18.9% from US$80.8 million in the year-earlier period.
• EBITDAR (Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and rent) increased 24.3% to US$167.6 million, compared to US$134.8 million in the first quarter of 2011.
Operational Results – First Quarter 2012
• AviancaTaca Holding S.A. and its subsidiaries registered a 16% increase in total passengers carried, from 4.7 million passengers in the first quarter of 2011, to 5.5 million passengers at the close of the first quarter of 2012.
• Passenger capacity, measured in number of available seats per kilometer (ASK), grew 13.8% in the first quarter of 2012 compared to Q1 2011.
• Domestic markets: The total number of domestic passengers carried by Avianca, TACA and their subsidiary airlines in Colombia, Peru and Ecuador during the first quarter 2012 reached 3.1 million, representing an increase of 23.5% compared to the first quarter 2011.
• International market: In the first quarter of 2012, Avianca, TACA and their subsidiary airlines carried 2.4 million international passengers, up 7.5% from the the same period in 2011.
AviancaTaca Holding´s CEO, Fabio Villegas Ramírez, stated: “The results achieved during the first quarter of 2012 reflect AviancaTaca´s efforts to improve our operating performance and competitiveness. Our goal is to continue executing our strategic plan with a clear vision of being the leading Airline in Latin America”.
*ASK: Available seats per kilometer
Analysts and Investors information: